Take your career to new heights with US Airways!
US Airways is currently seeking bilingual Reservation Representatives for their Liverpool Contact Centre.
What makes an airline take off? At US Airways we think it’s the people. That’s why we’ve built a diverse workforce that brings a world of different talents to our company.
US Airways is the fifth largest domestic airline employing more than 35,000 aviation professionals worldwide. US Airways, US Airways Shuttle and US Airways Express operate approximately 3,500 flights per day and serve more than 230 communities in the U.S., Canada, Europe, the Caribbean, Latin America and the Middle East. US Airways is a member of the Star Alliance network, which offers our customers 18,000 daily flights to 965 destinations in 162 countries worldwide. Additional information on US Airways can be found at www.usairways.com.
Besides free travel to over 230 destinations worldwide, we offer great benefits and even greater opportunities for advancement. So if a career in the airline industry gets your jets revving, apply to US Airways today and work for US!
US Airways Liverpool is a European orientated Customer Contact Centre located in the heart of Liverpool, England. The Contact Centre moved into a brand new facility in November 2010 and currently employs approximately 100 people in a multicultural environment.
The purpose of US Airways European Contact Centre is to generate international airline bookings and provide customers with excellent customer service.
Our Reservations Representatives receive inbound calls from our international customers and meet their travel needs by providing efficient and courteous service in their language of choice. From making new reservations to changing flights and solving problems, the Representative handles a variety of calls which ensures the job is always interesting.
Our Reservations Sales Representatives take calls in the local languages from Belgium, Brazil, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland, UK and Ireland.
Our lines are open 365 days a year from 7:00 to 20:00 on weekdays and from 8:00 to 16:00 on weekends and we work in shifts.
Training is paid and consists of classroom as well as on the job training. The initial paid training period lasts 5 weeks.
The Flight Privileges
All employees are entitled to the following flight privileges:
• Unlimited tax-only stand-by tickets for travel on US Airways for Employee, Spouse/Registered Guest/Domestic Partner, age-specified Dependents
• Unlimited ‘surcharge plus taxes’ stand-by tickets for travel on US Airways for Employee’s Parents
• Eight ‘surcharge plus taxes’ stand-by tickets per year for travel on US Airways for Guest Passengers
• Unlimited confirmed tickets at 20% discount for travel on US Airways for Employee, Spouse/Registered Guest/Domestic Partner, age-specified Dependents and Parents
• Stand-by travel on wide range of other airlines for Employee and Specified Travellers (become available after certain length of service)
• Bilingual written and oral fluency in English and in one of the following languages: French, German, Greek, Portuguese or Spanish. Language skills are tested in the interview process.
• GCSE or O-Level English and Math or equivalent
• Demonstrated ability and work experience in customer service
• Flexibility to work variable shifts, weekends and holidays as required
• Ability to function effectively in a fast paced environment and handle difficult customer service interactions
• Applicant must be eligible to work in the UK
• Proficient in computer and keyboard skills
• Prior Contact Centre experience is a plus
All candidates must pay for their own travel expense for interviewing and relocation. The training for this full time position will start in November, 2013.