Empresa: Electronic Arts
Local: Madrid, Spain
Role’s Main Purpose
As a Videogames Tester, your role will have 1 of 2 main purposes:
1. LT Testing – Check linguistic quality of the localised products in-line with EA procedures and requirements prior to being certified by EA’s Certification group.
2. Certification Testing – To perform prescribed testing tasks within an assigned Certification team, helping to ensure that all EA products, both software and documentation, meet all necessary EA, 1st party and quality standards before release.
The specific role you will be given at EA will depend on your skill-set and Electronic Arts’ needs at the time of hire.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Proactively complete assigned tasks accurately and thoroughly, and within a specified timeframe in order to detect (and subsequently report on a daily basis) bugs, software flaws and/or design issues;
• Ensure that no guideline-related bug, flaw or issue remains in the signed-off product and report them as early as possible;
• Proactively seek to improve knowledge of testing procedures and where applicable, related equipment;
• Ensure correct write-up (in English) of bugs, flaws and issues, and in LT, propose corrections to facilitate fixes;
• Inform Leads and Senior Testers of any issue that may slow down, stop – or improve – testing progress as early as possible;
• Maintain strong teamwork;
• Adhere to EA security procedures; take responsibility for equipment and software security; each individual is responsible for the security of any hardware or software that is in their possession;
• Communicate pertinent information to other team members;
• Work to achieve group targets as published in the Key Performance Indicators.
• EA’s European Shared Service Centre for Testing & Certification is a dynamic area where there are peak periods of activity and therefore the work load and the make-up of teams will vary.
• Although candidates will be required to work a 40 hour week, they must be flexible in terms of actual working hours and be available for weekend work when necessary.
Skills and Knowledge Required
• Candidates must be at least 18 years old;
• Fluency (written & verbal) in one of the 19 languages we localize games (Brazilian, Portuguese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Greek, Mexican, Turkish or Arabic) – either a native speaker (mother tongue), or educated to University degree level in the required language;
• Fluency in English – Excellent verbal and written communication skills is a must have;
• Genuine interest and knowledge of videogames;
• Very good knowledge in cultural areas related to EA video games;
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Windows environment;
• Demonstrable knowledge of video game platforms – PC, Consoles (such as PS2, PS3, Xbox 360, Nintendo DS, PSP, etc.) and related software;
• Demonstrate an organized, structured approach to testing task with eye for detail;
• Self-starting, proactive attitude and ability to work independently;
• Ability to identify and resolve problems effectively.
• Experience of software testing in a Localisation, QA (Quality Assurance), Customer Service or CQC environment within a video game publisher/ developer/ localisation agency is highly beneficial but not mandatory.
• Working in a multi-site/cultural team.
• Organised, self-starting, proactive, customer focused, teamwork oriented
• Ability to work under pressure when necessary, and to deadline;
• Demonstrable ability to communicate in a clear and concise way;
• Problem-solving and troubleshooting skills;
• Attention to detail and methodical working practices.