Partners of the Americas is seeking an experienced candidate, highly motivated and detail oriented to work with the Communications Unit on graphic design. This position will include opportunities for expansion of responsibilities and learning in a dynamic non-profit environment. We are an international NGO that implements a variety of projects, funded by public and private sources, focused mainly in Latin America and the Caribbean.
This position is very hands-on meaning as you will be an integral part of executing our organizational communications strategy to external audiences through various media channels. We have a small staff that travels frequently, so the ability to work independently is very important. Partners has an open company culture and there will be opportunities to participate in activities outside of our department as well. This is a unique learning experience for those interested in building their graphic design portfolio.
This is an unpaid internship with the exception of travel expense reimbursement.
- Assist in the development of print materials and products to be sold in our online store and distributed throughout the Americas
- Assist DC staff in generating materials that uphold Partners’ Branding Guidelines
- Revise and update program one-pagers on an as-needed basis
- Generate logo suites for our PartnersCampuses
- Minimum commitment of 15-20 hours per week, flexibility to work from home
- Develop Self-Directed Learning Goals
- Solid written and oral skills in English
- Knowledge of Spanish or Portuguese preferred
- Some experience with Adobe programs (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) preferred