A Ryanair é uma companhia aérea de baixo custo irlandesa com base em Dublin, República da Irlanda.
No entanto, desenvolve a maioria das suas operações a partir do Reino Unido, nomeadamente a partir da sua principal base (hub), Aeroporto de Londres Stansted. É actualmente uma das maiores companhias aéreas da Europa no setor low cost.
Oferta – Graduate Trainee Programme (Em inglês)
On the Ryanair Graduate programme you will be given the opportunity to work within key functions across our business, including; Commercial, Sales and Marketing, Finance, Legal, Customer Service, HR, Ground Ops, Flight Ops and IT.
Areas you could be working in:
- Reporting on traffic and market share, competitor analysis, market intelligence, preparing reports and presentations.
- Airport negotiations, airport analysis, preparation of contracts.
- Schedule analysis, route performance, pricing trends.
- Insurance, Fraud and reviewing our booking engine, Tax, Chargeback Team, Ancillary Revenue and management accounting.
- Fuel purchase.
- Aircraft acquisition and leasing.
- Audit and Treasury
- Implementing Ryanair’s social media strategy across various channels and platforms
- Creating content and executing campaigns
- Reactive and real-time marketing
- Assisting in advertising approvals – liaising with yield, legal, S&M & external agencies
- Assisting/managing the adaptation of creative by market
- Reviewing competitor activity by market and actioning any insights for our own strategies
Sales & Marketing:
- Develop bespoke marketing plans for the markets in collaboration with the brand communication and digital teams
- Working with Tourism Boards and Airports on Destination Marketing
- Organise and conduct press conferences & events in the markets
- Liaise with local media to maximise press coverage
- Processing customer service files
- Processing refunds
- Understand and report to the wider business on the daily visit, conversion and ancillary figures
- Support market research function by designing, scripting and analysing surveys
- Undertake deep-dives into customer and site behaviour to understand the impact of changes we make to products and site.
- Blog administration
- Uploading content
- SEO reporting
- SEO research
- Collating media plans
- Usability testing,
- Competitor reviews,
- Trend analysis,
- Contextual research,
- Conducting surveys and interviews
- Legal and Regulatory affairs
- Working with external lawyers
- Working closely with the customer service legal team
- Engaging with relevant authorities, ie EU, airports etc
- Disciplinary and Grievance investigations
- Personnel Administration (contracts of employment, letters etc)
- Management Reports
- Internal communications – including travel throughout Europe to meet staff
- Retail sales analysis
- Inflight training
- Crew planning
Mais informações e candidaturas [AQUI]